Parents, the video above is for you
Watch webinar replay below
or see it directly on youtube RIGHT HERE
The 2017 Jumpstart Program:
From Struggling Student to
Successful Foundation in 22 Days.
SEPTEMBER 9th: Start the school year off right; don’t blindly repeat the same old patterns. The Jumpstart Masterclass Program is a 4 week, super-intensive webinar series designed to serve as a powerful jumpstart for struggling middle and high school students and their parents.
Most parents of struggling students start each new year off with hopes of a different pattern and before they know it, they are having the same struggles as the year before. Here’s the typical pattern:
- Your kid often starts strong
- You’re surprised when they suddenly hit the mid-semester dip
- Your child’s grades take a nosedive
- You spend the rest of the semester stressed out trying to help your resistant child dig themself out of a pit
- For some reason, most parents wait until it’s too late, then they scramble looking for help.
- Rinse. Repeat.
Why does this happen?
Students who struggle with school are notoriously unrealistic about the amount of time and energy it takes to navigate school and because they don’t have the right systems in place. In fact, most of the advice they’ve been given is great advice for naturally organized people but horrible for non-traditional learners.
During Jumpstart, I take you step-by-step through the entire process that I use with my students to implement all of the key systems and mindsets that every student needs to be successful. No ambiguity or confusion, you will know exactly what your child needs to succeed.
I will teach you my unique methods to create the right foundation for a successful school year.
These are skills your child will use and refine throughout their entire schooling.
In fact, these are critical life skills!
This is an especially unique program because it’s for students and their parents. It’s ultimate aim is to help struggling students who need guidance in starting school with the right tools so they can navigate more successfully (and therefore create a better future in general). I’ve spent the past 20 years helping outs-de-the-box learners. Coaching is the best way I know of to help them change habits, and I designed this robust series to be a game changer for you.
Who is Jumpstart for?
- Middle and High School students who want to improve the systems they use to navigate school, be more efficient, get more out of their efforts and have more free time and less stress as a result.
- Homework – Students who struggle with doing homework. It’s often missing, incomplete, lost, forgotten or nameless.
- Grades – Students whose grades do not reflect their ability. Grades often suffer from missing and incomplete homework, late work, not preparing for tests adequately, doing projects or writing papers at the last minute.
- Study skills – Students who need to learn how to study effectively.
- Organization – Students who are “organizationally challenged”. They lose things, can’t find their papers, have papers crammed in the bottom of their backpacks, messy lockers or desks, students who find old papers and say, “I thought I turned that in” or “Oh! I was looking for that!”, students whose binders are out of control, students whose bedrooms are a mess.
- Planners – Students who don’t like planners, lose planners, forget planners, who don’t know how to use planners to effectively track responsibilities.
- Motivation – Students who have trouble with self-starting, procrastination, who avoid their work as long as possible, who tell you they have a big project, exam or paper the night before.
- Mindset – Attitudes about school can either be self-defeating or positive. Having the right mindset is critical so students don’t just listen to their old self-defeating stories, so they have the skill of questioning their own narrative and choosing perspectives that help them persist through challenges.
- Focus – Students who want to work smarter not harder, and who are willing to try new strategies so they can have better focus, concentration and attention. Students who are easily distracted.
- Efficiency – Students who spend way too much time on homework and need to understand strategies for how to be efficient.
- Free time – Students who want to learn how to work more efficiently so they have more free time and less stress.
- Overwhelm – Students who are overwhelmed by managing the countless details of school and life, who have no idea where to start, who don’t have effective systems for managing the due dates, school work, etc..
Who is it NOT for?
- Magic bullets – This program isn’t for you if you’re looking for cheap, quick and easy.
- Effort – If you can’t or won’t put in the effort, this is a waste of your time and money.
- Willingness – You’ll have to be willing to show up, pay attention, take suggestions, listen carefully, and put in time and effort with your child throughout the weeks, even though they may be resistant (don’t worry, I will help with the resistance).
- Child’s willingness – If your child can’t or won’t give this a real shot, it’s a waste of your time and money. Show them the video I made below FOR STUDENTS and see how they react. You can then make an informed decision together.
- A proven system, this is exactly what I’ve successfully taught many kids over many years.
- Well over 10 hours of in-depth, live masterclass instruction
- 4 Weekly student in-depth webinars with clear action steps to set them up with systems for for success.
- 4 Weekly parent webinars to guide you through the process.
- Q&A time for parents.
- A daily challenge throughout the course to build chops, implement what you and your child are learning and strengthen your relationship with your child.
- Printable support documents and checklists.
- Templates for advocacy emails.
- Bonus “Touch up” webinar in October to help keep the momentum going and refine core concepts.
- Bonus Behavior webinar by a therapist who specializes in sensitive and creative kids to help you during challenging times.
- Bonus Mindfulness webinar by a psychologist who specializes in bio feedback.
What students will learn
Main objective: By the time you’re done with this course you will have effectively set up all all of your systems, refined them for effectiveness, know how to maintain them, learned the right mindsets, be off to an incredibly strong start and know how to build habits.
- Systems Overview
- Learn all of the exact systems you will need to succeed (students are not often taught these in school, so if they don’t figure it out on their own, they flail around in school year after year, with missing and incomplete assignments, falling grades, decreased motivation, and insufficient time studying or working on major projects and papers)
- Learn how to use these systems effectively and how to tailor them to your personality and learning style
- Which planner to use and why.
- How to completely set up your planner properly for a successful school year.
- How and when to update your planner properly.
- How to backwards plan for tests, projects and papers so you don’t wait until the last minute.
- How to use a “desk” calendar for Big Picture planning.
- Organization of papers
- How to manage the paperwork from multiple classes.
- How to keep track of your most important assignments and current work.
- How to maintain your backpack.
- SSS Sacred Study Space
- How to optimize your SSS for focus.
- How to remove distractions from your SSS.
- The exact materials you should have in your SSS so you can get more done in less time.
- Nightly planning
- Routine of exactly what to do each day after school, how to do it and why.
- Your “Homework” – Your day by day plan for this week.
- Grade checking – How to proactively check your online grades, when to do it and how to respond to missing assignments, incomplete assignments and low grades
- Browser optimization – How to set up your browser for school success and how to minimize online distractions
- The Motivation Lie
- The right mindset concerning unmotivated students
- How to deal with procrastination
- Why the brain is resistant to help and what to do about it
- Resistance – avoidance, resisting help, how to help
- Executive Function – How the brain executes tasks, what can you do to make it better, what can you change that makes it worse
- Stress and the nervous system – fight, flight and freeze, what’s going on in the body and how to work with it rather than create more stress
- Routines – Learn about the routines you need to have in order to be a successful student
- Procrastination busters – tips and tricks for starting and persisting
- Refine and maintain – checking systems from last week, adding any new systems, learning to maintain systems and refine how effectively you use them for your learning style.
- What to do weekly – How to do my Sunday systems check so you can stay current and build habits
- Asking for help – How to let your parents help you when you are resistant to it. How to let your teachers help you
- Advocacy – How to advocate for yourself
- Much more…
Benefits for parents
- You’ll learn the exact systems your child needs so you don’t have to wonder, so you know with clarity.
- Learn the difference between enabling your child in an unhealthy way that causes “learned helplessness”, and a helping your child in a healthy way that teaches greater independence.
- Learn how to help your child manage overwhelming emotions and resistance.
- You will get to see other parents in the same position and learn from them.
- If you’r child won’t listen to you, I’m the one telling them, so they can take more ownership in the process.
- You get to see how I communicate with kids (parents often tell me how helpful this is in helping them learn better ways to communicate).
- PDF support sheets.
- Recorded sessions.
- Live Q&A with me where you get to ask the specific questions that matter to you.
- Your child will navigate the mid-semester dip better.
- Increase grades.
- Develop better focus, attention and concentration.
- Bonus material.
- Again, this is not meant to be a quick fix or a magic bullet but it will help move the needle!
B2S.BYE Schedule (tentative) 10.5 hours worth of coaching
Week 1, Saturday September 9
Webinar 1 – 9-10:30am PST, 10-11:30pm MST, 11-12:30pm CST, 12-1:30pm EST (1.5 hrs)
Lunch Break & Shop for Supplies 10:30am-1pm PST (2.5 hrs)
Webinar 2 – 1pm-2:30pm PST, 10-11:30pm MST, 11-12:30pm CST, 12-1:30pm EST (1.5 hrs)
Week 2, Saturday September 16
Webinar 1 – Students – 9-11am PST, 10-12pm MST, 11-1pm CST, 12-2pm EST (2hrs)
Webinar 2 – Parents only lesson and Q&A. 11:30-12:30pm PST, 12:30-1:30pm MST, 1:30-2:30pm CST, 2:30-3:30pm EST (1 hr)
Week 3, Saturday September 23
Webinar 1 – Students – 9-10am PST, 10-11pm MST, 11-12pm CST, 12-1pm EST (1hr)
Webinar 2 – Parents only lesson and Q&A. 10:15-11:15am PST, 11:15-12:15pm MST, 12:15-1:15pm CST, 1:15-2:15pm EST (1 hr)
Week 4, Saturday September 30
Webinar 1 -9-10:30am PST, 10-11:30am MST, 11-12:30pm CST, 12-1:30pm EST (1.5hrs)
Webinar 2 – Parents only lesson and Q&A. 11:00-12:00pm PST, 12:00-1:00pm MST, 1:00-2:00pm CST, 2:00-3:00pm EST (1 hr)
Bonus – 4 hours worth
*BONUS Week 5, Saturday October 7 – Behavior – Dealing with challenging times
Webinar 1 -9-11am PST, 10-12pm MST, 11-1pm CST, 12-2pm EST (1hr)
*BONUS Week 6, Saturday October 14 – Mindfulness and how to use it to help your family
Webinar 1 -9-10am PST, 10-11am MST, 11-12pm CST, 12-2pm EST (1hr)
*BONUS Week 7, Saturday October 21 – Touch up session with Seth
Webinar 1 -9-11am PST, 10-12pm MST, 11-1pm CST, 12-2pm EST (2hrs)
How it works
Each Saturday, you’ll receive an email from me with a ZOOM webinar link. You’ll click the link at the specified time and it will open up the ZOOM ROOM in your browser, which is where the webinar will be held. It’s easy, no tech skills needed. Once the ZOOM window opens up, you’ll be able to see me and I’ll start the live lessons. During each session I’ll literally walk you and/or your child through the lessons.
Some webinars will be for parents only, some for students only and sometimes I will be speaking to both of you at the same time. All of this will be crystal clear on the updates I send out. You can always watch the student webinars live from another computer in order to give your child privacy (and so you can see exactly how I teach the kids). And if both parents want to be in the zoom room, but one is not home, they can join from anywhere.
If you have questions during the webinar, you’ll be able to chat them into me live so I can respond. Sometimes I will have people come on live video to ask some of the more in-depth questions during Q&A. In other words, you’ll be able to pop up on the screen with me to dive deeper with what you need!
- Will it be recorded? Yep. If you can’t be there, it will be recorded so you can access it any time. You can fast forward through lessons to find what you’re looking for.
- How much time is needed? A lot, and it will save a TON of time and energy over the rest of the semester. Plan on spending at several hours every Saturday on webinars and follow up tasks. Plan on spending 5-20 minutes daily on the daily challenge tasks.
- What if my child isn’t ready? Honestly, this isn’t for you right now. You may benefit from an in-person coach, therapist or other support professionals to address underlying challenges.
- What if I want to do it with more than one of my children? No problem.
- What if I have other questions? Email me.
- What if I’m not technologically savvy? Don’t worry, with the Zoom webinar, you literally just click a link that I email to you. It’s really easy. Just be 5-10 minutes early the first time so you can make sure you’re on.
- Is it worth it? Absolutely. If this helps your child have a better year, it’s a no-brainer. I have been helping complicated kids turn it around for a long time, and I know what works and what doesn’t. Coaching is normally $150/hour, and this is incredibly deep, focused, relevant, and includes over 12 hours of coaching. I designed this to be a game changer.
How do we get started and how much does it cost?
How do we start? If you watched the video for parents, your child saw the video for students, you read through this page carefully, and you want to start, just click the big red link below to enroll!
How do we pay? Credit card through the link below (I can also accept check or Venmo).
Guarantee – No risk. If you decide this isn’t for you, just email me and let me know by midnight on Wednesday, 9/17 and I’ll refund you 100%. No games. I’ll ask for feedback but will refund you either way.
$597 – Final deadline is midnight Friday, September 8th
Got any more questions? Email me directly
Scholarship? I have 3 partial scholarships for families who legitimately need financial help, email me if interested.