You need insights and solutions that make a difference for your child. Period. Since 2010, I have been working with families to help struggling students turn around their educational experience (as well as 12 years of prior teaching experience, a Masters in Gifted Ed and much, much more.)
Usually, students have been through a lot by the time they get to me (tutors, programs, therapists, testing, etc.), and they are often skeptical. But quickly, we begin to see transformation and this is what matters.
A lot of programs have fancy data, utopian stock photos and other marketing tools that can feel inauthentic. That stuff doesn’t impress me, because the reality is that change takes time, energy and expertise. It’s never easy.
I don’t care what the test scores say, I don’t care what grade cards say, I care about the intangibles that matter: I care that you and your child feel happier and more successful, that your child is gaining skills that will help their future. It’s not rocket science, but it is a matter of taking the right steps.
To put it another way, my mission is to empower students to get on a new trajectory, to cross a threshold so that your child can navigate education independently and learn to stand on their own two feet in life.
My approach is non-traditional and unconventional. I take a holistic look at what’s going on, because the challenges your child faces are complex and completely interrelated. It’s critical to ask the right questions so you can stop spinning your wheels and pinpoint the strategies that move the needle and make the difference.
“Seth Perler is OUTSTANDING in every way! He’s smart, insightful, solution-oriented, organized, resourceful, intuitive, compassionate, creative, energetic, enthusiastic, deeply committed to his work and very wise. Seth has a deep understanding of children and families and knows how to motivate his clients to readily move forward in their lives in very significant ways. He has the wonderful ability of being able to be empathic and reassuring while simultaneously challenging his clients in the most positive of ways to tackle previously daunting obstacles. Seth is kind and generous and able to set the constructive, motivating limits and expectations that foster tremendous growth. I highly recommend Seth, without reservation. He’s the best of the best!!” – Karen,, NJ, mom of college student and psychologist
The 4 Packages – Summary
- Foundations: For new local clients who need to overhaul all of their systems and approaches to school (planners, organization, study habits, motivation, etc.). An extremely robust and comprehensive program designed to give struggling students the tools needed to turn it around. 1 semester long. $6900/semester (save $600) or 3 payments of $2500
- Maintenance: A follow up to “Foundations” that’s all about solidifying these new habits. This is for people who have worked with me before and have the foundation in place but who want more accountability and guidance. 1 semester long. $5900/semester or 3 payments of $2100
- VIP Intensive:Online or in person. One jumpstart series especially for you, where we dive deep and overhaul everything in a day or two. $150/hour.
- Custom: Some clients need something completely different, so we create a customized program (ex: I do adhd/business coaching for a man in Greece, coaching for a family homeschooling their kids as they travel the world on a sailboat, etc.) $150/hour
*Financial help may be available for those in need
The 4 Packages – The Details
1. Foundations Package – aka The Overhaul
Summary: A robust semester-long package designed to give students and parents the solid foundation for success. This is an intensive program with a lot of weekly 1:1 support and is for local Middle school, High School or College students. (Santa Monica, CA, vicinity or skype)
This comprehensive program is designed to include everything you need turn it around, once and for all.
- 1:1 coaching – at your home or convenient meeting places for local clients, via skype for students outside of the area.
- Teaching the essentials – systems and strategies that all students need to succeed in school.
- Parent strategy sessions – for how to support your child.
- SNO – Teach how to do the Sunday Night Overhauls critical for maintaining systems.
- Regular check-ins – multiple times a week with my students via text, phone, skype or live, depending on the situation.
- Tutoring – I tutor math, writing, science and history.
- Home Visits – to optimize study space & routines and to maximize student focus.
- Advocacy – attendance at and consulting for IEP, 504, RTI or other important meetings, I can also attend virtually.
- Emergency calls – Help when you need it the most. I’m available to you via phone, email, text, skype.
Duration: 1 semester.
2. Maintenance Package – aka The Habit Maker
Summary: A lot of families want to continue working with me. This is a semester-long package for students who have already gone through “Foundations.” Designed to help students reinforce and refine the foundational skills and build lifelong habits. This keeps the success momentum going.
Duration: 1 semester.
3. VIP Days
Summary: A VIP day is a full day with 1 on 1 coaching for parents and the student. We meet virtually (via Zoom) or at your home to completely overhaul everything. We go to town, dive deep, reorganize, set up new systems, learn new strategies, and get every piece into place so you can have a completely fresh start. We work on material things such as resetting the folder system, the planner, the study space, etc. We also work on the intangibles, like attitude, motivation, dealing with stress, study skills, routines, work flow, etc..
It’s like a jumpstart or a system update on your computer. This is great for when my client base is full and you can’t get into the above packages, or for those who want a MASSIVE overhaul and a fresh start. VIP days are perfect for middle school through college students.
How it helps?
- Get solutions to procrastination, avoidance and resistance
- Improved motivation
- Overhaul systems for homework management, effective studying and learning approaches
- Learn to plan even if you hate planners
- Optimize the study space, backpacks, folders
- Rebuild study routines and work flow systems
- Minimize stress, overwhelm, social concerns, and other issues
- Get tools that work for the unique student
How it works?
- We set up a free Meet & Greet to see if this is right for you.
- We choose a date for the VIP day (usually a Saturday).
- On that date, we take the morning for an in-depth Strategy Session. This is a deep dive into my master list of areas to address. We create a customized plan.
- We take a break for lunch and so you can hit the office store to pick up the materials we chose.
- After this we go to town, dive deep, reorganize every single thing, thoroughly set up new systems, learn new strategies, and get every piece into place so you can have a completely fresh start. We work on material things such as resetting the folder system, the planner, the study space, etc. We also work on the intangibles, like attitude, motivation, dealing with stress, study skills, routines, work flow, etc..
Duration: One day, typically 9am-4pm on a Saturday. This can take place over 2 days.
4. The Custom
Summary: I often get people who need something completely different, so we create a customized program designed to meet your unique needs. Sometimes I get adults who are going back to school, parents who want executive function coaching, or others who have special circumstances. In person or via skype.
Duration: 1 semester typically
More about coaching
1:1 Coaching – 1:1 Sessions are critical to the coaching process so we can address your unique needs. We’ll dive deep and work on more than just academics and study hacks. We’ll determine ways to deal with stress, how to build healthier relationships and improve your social life. 1:1 coaching sessions are usually 30-60 minutes per session every other week.
Home Visits – This is where we will meet to optimize your Sacred Study Space, work on routines, as well as tackle any other projects that you want to work on.
Advocacy/school visits – I will support you by consulting on IEP, 504, RTI or other meetings with you. We strategize before the meetings and go to it with a well thought-out agenda. I also go with you to the meetings whenever possible.
Advocacy/emails – I will support you by writing advocacy emails to the school for you or helping you craft your own effective correspondence.
Parent Coaching/Workshops – There’s no how-to manual to be a parent. I give you coaching on relevant topics to help you on your journey.
Full Access to Me – Phone, text, Skype, email. I’m available to you 24/7. Ok, that’s a bit hyperbolic; I do have a life. But reach out any time and I’ll be with you soon.
Build Good Habits – During our coaching sessions, we’ll build and practice the skills you need to get where you want to be. We’ll practice until they become habit. This is key.
Understand—and Embrace—Your Awesome Right Brain – You’ll learn about your particular learning style and how to work smarter not harder. You’ve most likely had more than your fair share of “productivity training” in school. But it’s time to forget everything you’ve learned about productivity, because what I give you is designed for your unique needs.
Other Benefits of Coaching
- Create personalized environments so you can be more productive
- Manage time better
- Work smarter not harder
- Have less stress and more fun in all areas of life
- Increase confidence
- Improve diet
- Better sleep
- Create an exercise routine that suits you
- Relieve pressure
- Improved relationships
- Greater emotional well-being
- Laugh more
- Get helpful worksheets (not useless ones)
- Systems tailored to YOU
- Supportive reminders and encouragement
- Belong to a private Facebook group for extra support
What’s Not Included
I can’t make you do it. This is for people who are willing to do the hard work to change. It’s my job to show you how, to empower you. You have to want it. Once we start, there is no giving up. You can do this, and I will help.
Are you a bit nervous or skeptical? That it won’t work, that you won’t make progress, of failure, that you won’t follow through? If so—good. You should be because it’s normal to feel those emotions, and it’s a sign that you take this seriously. In fact, if you aren’t a bit nervous, you may not be ready. All you need is to be willing to try your personal best, and I’ll help you with the rest.
Contact me to set up a free Meet & Greet. No obligation. It’s a relaxed opportunity for us to get to know each other and see if this is right for you.
Before working with Seth I was studying for most of the day, every day, with little results to reflect my effort. As my second semester at CU was ending I felt I wasn’t cut out for school and was debating dropping out of college. Fortunately my mother convinced me to work with Seth and give school 1 more shot. I’m glad. The difference is undeniable and the study skills, priceless. From time management to study space dedication/set up, as well as study techniques that commit the information to memory over time rather then cramming 3 days before an exam. My stress decreased drastically, I was able to enjoy life and do well in school, my GPA improved from a 2.4 to a 3.6 the first semester. Now I enjoy the school experience!” (Since then, Nick has found his passion and is actually a TA for one of his professors.)
-Nick B., CU Student
Sarah absolutely aced this day! I am sitting back in wonderment! She attributes her success to you! Normally, she’d be crying, frustrated, overwhelmed, and angry. Instead, she was quite calm! She took that in stride, I was so impressed with her! I said, “How does it feel?” She said, “Norma!!” Go Sara!
So much mastery…time management, dealing with directions, trying new things, getting to her job in a timely manner!
I said, “Wow! So much executive skill went into making this day work! What do you think enabled you to be so successful and on top of things?!” She said, “Seth!”
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m so thrilled for her (and for me) to see her starting to take charge and function more age appropriately in her life. She’s proud of herself, and rightfully so! Thank you so much for all your help to date! -Karin A., mom from Brookside, NJ
A bit over two years ago my daughter was entering her third year at the University of Colorado. She is very bright, creative and thoughtful but was struggling with meeting the academic requirements needed to finish school. She had failed several classes and been on and off probation a couple of times. Therapy had helped somewhat but the results were short lived. She wanted to do better but lacked the organizational skills and focus necessary to fulfill the demands of school.
As parents, we struggled with what direction would be most beneficial for her. I am a clinical psychologist but knew the advantages of good hands on coaching. I called several therapists in the Boulder area to see if they did coaching. Most did not, but one therapist, Heidi Wilson recommended a coach. That was Seth.I happened to be in Boulder, so I was at the initial meeting that Seth had with my daughter. In her words, “he got me right away.”
He spoke to us in a calm and clear way about his plans to help her succeed. She was excited about tackling school again for the first time in years. Together they came up with strategies that helped her to focus and take pride, not only in her academics, but in her surroundings. Seth is on top of what needs to be done and the most efficient ways to tackle and complete tasks. His techniques and follow up procedures are outstanding.
Over the course of the last two years she hit some stumbles. The most impressive attribute of Seth is his steadfast dedication. He has never given up on our daughter, even when she has become overwhelmed and wanted to give up. He has taught her to believe in herself. She is now graduating and will walk in the December ceremony. Seth will be with us at the graduation and share the pride that we all feel. She could not have done it without him.
-Bonnie, parent of a CU student from LA – Update: Bonnie’s daughter has since graduated, is working a job she loves and is looking at grad schools!
I got my diploma from Duke University; then I got my education from Seth Perler.
All my life I’ve have been strongly drawn to learning new things in general – eager, and inquisitive.
All my life I’ve ended up banging my head against the wall & finishing with little new understanding, or not finishing at all.
Then one day I got a hold of Seth’s business card. The back of the card offered the VERY thing I’ve always known I needed to be able to learn and always knew was possible, but was so out of the box, it didn’t exist yet, and I could not find it. I wished soooo much I’d found him while I was still in school – I didn’t know then they what he offers helps people in everyday life as much as it does students in an educational facility.
Then about four months later, frustrated trying to read material for a new job, I called him on the phone & in 5 minutess he told me 3 things that instantly made my task lighter. I made an appointment to check it out further. The 1st one is free!
The 1st time I met with him I learned some major concepts about how I think, and how to work with how I think. The benefits of that lesson are still growing even now, 1 year later. It enabled me to read effectively, approach new information successfully, present my thoughts to different thinkers clearly, and even help me and my fiancé understand how to approach each other in a way that vastly improved out communication, and inevitably, our entire relationship.
He explained the common origin of many failings in my life to be a factor only of my approach, to which, thanks to Seth, I am no longer limited. I have put this into practice and am still amazed every time!!
I continue to naturally use the info from Seth as a filter as I experience the world and my understanding of it, and constantly grow in the depth of this ability because of it.
It’s so interesting and widely applicable that I sometimes bring his stuff up while socializing, and everyone around so far has wanted me “to do them” (meaning apply his stuff to each individual).
It is fascinating!!! De-mystifying!! And best of all EMPOWERING!!!
Don’t waste another minute, call him!!!!