Throughout my 12-year teaching career, writing was, by far, my favorite thing to teach.
No, I’m not a great writer myself, but that’s not as important as you might think. What is important is that I fell in love with writing, that I understand it’s immense value and that I have a toolbox for writing that works for me. And those are my goals for all students I work with:
- Empower students to fall in love with writing
- Genuinely and deeply value the art of writing
- Build a reliable toolbox to explore the process of writing
This video explores two small but essential tools in any writer’s toolkit:
- Audience – Who we are writing for
- Purpose – How we want to affect them
Please don’t just glance over this concept… Watch this video and soak in the details so you can apply it to your writing or help your child become a better author.
Please share or leave your comments/questions below.