The old patterns HAVE NOT CHANGED. Still unrealistic with time/energy needed to manage the work.
Plus distractions of summer!
Don’t believe the story, nervous system is simply resistant, so what to do about it?
Don’t enable, learned helplessness. Set firm, clear boundaries.
Same principles work. Do this:
- Frontload everything you can, it makes things easier.
- Keep using the planners to track details, not your brain.
- Block reasonable focus times. Not daily tiny blocks, they don’t work.
- Ask teacher for help/tips to success, be early, connect.
- Reorganize regularly.
- Check portal often, easy link.
- Persist. 1%. Millimeters. Baby step. Bite sized. It’s about telling the nervous system that there is no reason to be overwhelmed.It’s about quieting emotional resistance.
Like this post? Please click below to share! Thanks, Seth