“Seth Perler is one of STEAM Fest’s highest-rated speakers. His engaging style and research-based information will help you work with children of all ages (and maybe even some adults), to conquer the executive function frustrations.”
“We rarely ask a presenter if they would like to return the following year so we don’t overwhelm them with requests, but feedback from parents had a resounding theme of asking for your return, a “Part 2” or continued “in-depth” session to deepen skills to help their kids with EF – you received amazing feedback.” – Heritage Adoption Camps
“What makes Seth a captivating speaker is his ability to relate to his audience on a deeply personal level. He understands the students and parents that he serves to the core – their daily struggles, their feelings, and their needs. Seth has a gift for taking the complex issues that families face and breaking down the solutions into bite-sized, concrete, and actionable steps that they are excited to take. Most importantly, Seth takes the guilt, shame, and judgment out of the conversation about school and helps parents both relate to and support their kids in a way that strengthens their relationship.” -Yulia Rafailova, Los Angeles, CA
“Seth is a dynamic speaker. He transfers his passion for developing executive function right to you. He gives you take home tools you can start to use with your student right away, so they can have a better process for working through school.” -Courtney Elizabeth, Broomfield, CO
“Seth is a fantastic and wildly ENGAGING speaker, and his passion for educating parents, teachers, and children about Executive Function is inspiring. He’s able to take what seems like an impossible and frustrating “disability,” and show what a true gift it can be when children and their parents are properly informed and supported. Most importantly, he gives incredibly powerful tips, tricks, processes, and systems for success, no matter where you or your child are getting hung up. Seth is real and authentic, sharing his own experience transparently as a foundation for others to succeed.” – Stephanie Zamora, Grand Junction, CO
First: If you want to interview me for a podcast, video or article instead of hiring me to speak, click here instead please.
I like to create dynamic presentations that offer practical insights in plain English rather thank overly clinical language. I speak about addressing the needs of complex, struggling students:
- How to help students who struggle with Executive Function and
- How to support 2e / Twice-exceptional learners.
I do a limited number of talks each year near Boulder, CO and sometimes travel for speaking engagements. To request a talk, please use the form at the bottom of this page. Please be patient because I process all new requests once a quarter.
- Parents (Parent groups, PTAs, parents of 2e or gifted learners)
- Conferences for Teachers and/or Parents
- Teachers (Inservice training, staff development)
- Student groups
- Therapists and other professionals/specialists
- Executive Function
- 2E, Twice Exceptional, Gifted and Talented learners
- Emotional regulation, anxiety, stress and the brain
- Studying, homework, unconventional approaches to student success
- Motivation, procrastination, resistance
- Focus, concentration, attention
- ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorder or Executive Function Disorder
- Atypical, neurodiverse learners
- Parenting, relationships, attachment theory, polyvagal theory
Titles of some past talks
- Executive Function talk for parents – How to help your child succeed in school/life when you too struggle with organization, time management, homework, studying, responsibility, motivation, focus, etc..
- Habits for Middle School Success – A hands-on workshop for parents & students both which teaches about Executive Function and how to build the systems needed for student success.
- Resistance and Relationship – How to help your child move through unhealthy resistance while strengthening the relationship.
- Executive Function Workshop for Parents of 2e Gifted Learners.
- B2S42E – Back 2 School for 2E (twice-exceptional) – A special back to school workshop for families of 2E students.
- Teaching and Parenting the 2E Child.
- Adoption & Executive Function, Heritage Adoption Camps – Discussion of the unique issues adoptive families are working with and how they relate to Executive Functioning.
- The Middle School Brain (talk for middle schoolers).
- Executive Function and how it affects the unique quirks of our gifted learners.
- Aspergers and Executive Function: How best to help.
- Upgrade Your Grades Parent Workshop – How to turn a rough start into a successful semester.
I have done workshops for
- Gifted conferences
- Makers fairs
- Adoption organizations
- Adoption camps
- Teachers of students on the autism spectrum
- Teachers of students with ADHD
- Adults with autism and Aspergers
- Parents of foster children who have experienced trauma
- Parents of struggling students in the community
- Gifted and Talented Parent Groups
- Entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and makers/creatives
- Public talks to families interested in Executive Function
Some groups I’ve presented to
- ParentWiser Seattle Parent Education Group
- BVGT Boulder Valley Gifted and Talented
- The Rocky Mountain STEAM Fest
- The Beyond Giftedness Conference
- SAGE – Summit Advocates for Gifted Education
- Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families
- Temple Grandin School
- You can also hear me on numerous podcasts, just look up Seth Perler in your podcast app or click here for my list.