Hi from Seth! This page is a lot to absorb, let’s dive in…
Note: Fall 2021 Group Enrollment is Officially Closed
Waitlist: To get on the waitlist for any future group, sign up here and I email you any updates, enrollment details and discount opportunities.
Start date: We launch Saturday Sep 11, 12:00pm Pacific/PST TimeZone converter >
What if we already started our school year? It’s fine, just start with us when we start, and trust the process. It just means we have plenty to work with already.
What is Momentum? A semester long Executive Function group coaching program for students and their parents, where I guide you personally through my UGYG online coaching course with accountability and connection. This is done in a series of in-depth group sessions, with personal feedback, throughout the semester, often, to push you and your child, so your child can get real MOMENTUM with building better Executive Functioning skills. And it’s fun, light-hearted, down-to-earth, shame-free and positive! So if last semester didn’t go so well, and your child could use some strategies, I created this premium group program for you, to build the Executive Function foundation.
Ages? Momentum is best for Middle School through College, and the diverse ages work very well. The neurodiversity in this group is fantastic.
Why do I run Momentum? I get a lot emails from families who want me to do coaching with their child, but I can’t take on any more 1:1 students. I built this group program to give you the next best thing, including plenty of opportunities to work more directly with me, live.
People want more guidance and accountability so they can follow through more, and get more out of my strategies. Parents like that I am the one giving their kids guidance rather than them, that I reinforce the messages they have been trying to teach. I help hold students more accountable, motivate them, encourage them, inspire them to gain momentum, because without momentum, people stay stuck. I also push parents throughout the semester.
Who is Momentum for? This is not for everyone because it requires a lot of action, but it’s manageable, so read carefully to see if it’s right for you. This is for the people who are in it to win it, want to cut through the bs, get real answers, and who are ready to show up and do the work. Here’s what you need to know to see if it’s for you:
- Momentum is not a cheap, easy, quick fix, magic bullet program. It takes showing up and effort to get results.
- This program is based on supporting you to implement my strategies more effectively so you can gain momentum, and thus get more results, and so you can feel a sense of relief about your child’s ability to be happy and successful in life.
- Helping a child with Executive Function challenges is difficult. Period. Make no mistake, this program will only work if you take action. Most people do not follow through, even though they have good intentions. Please only join if you are ready to do the work.
- A big problem is with a student’s resistance. This program is designed so I can give live encouragement and motivation to the students many times throughout the semester. Students and parents love these sessions because they help tremendously. Of course, this is not a magic bullet, but Momentum will help as long as they show up. Click HERE to see the Student Buy-in Page.
- This program is for people who can commit to most of the dates/times. If you can’t show up to most of the program, please do not register. This is only worth your time, money and effort if you make it a priority. See the schedule below to see if it’s realistic for you. (Of course, there may be some schedule conflicts, so you don’t have to do this perfectly. But missing sessions should be rare. All calls are recorded so you can see them at your convenience.)
- If your child watches the buy-in video and they are not bought in, please do not register because you will not get the results you’re hoping for. If your child isn’t ready, they’re not ready. You and your child do not need to do this program perfectly, but to get results, you both should be willing, able and ready to show up and put in effort.
- Finally, if you implement the strategies patiently and persistently, but not perfectly, you WILL see results; a tremendous positive impact on your child’s life and your relationship with your child.
You get the Self-paced Independent UGYG online program as our foundation:
- The self-paced UGYG course.
- Online video course with 35 incredible student lessons covering all critical strategies struggling students need to be successful.
- 20+ Lessons just for parents, to help you help your child with confidence.
- Downloadable/printable support PDFs throughout the course.
What extra benefits do we get with the Momentum Group beyond the Self-paced UGYG?
- Get Live Coaching with Seth: You get me, live, a lot! I personally coach and encourage your child and you throughout the semester. We get to know each other quite well. I learn your child’s unique needs and give you tailored coaching.
- Get Live Lessons: I dive into topics that help you and your child take massive action to get momentum going! These cover timely and critical topics, for parents and students separately, recorded and added to a library, just for people in this program. (Sample topics: Dealing with resistance, communication, mindset, planning, organizing, how, when and why to let parents help, boundaries, advocating to your teachers, self-starting when you want to procrastinate, buy-in, etc.)
- Get Student Office Hours & Co-Working: Interactive, live group student momentum calls with me for encouragement, motivation and guidance. This is one of the most powerful and helpful aspects of the program because it’s where I get to know your child and learn how to push them forward.
- Get accountability to help you stay on track.
- Support: Get connected to an awesome group as you hear how others are going through the same things.
- Feel a sense of relief as your child builds EF skills.
- Your own private executive function hub: For you people in this Momentum group, there is a special version of UGYG with your own main menu area with everything you need (student index page with replays, calendars, zoom link, access to your UGYG course, parent page, fb group, etc)
- Get Parent Office Hours: Live group parent coaching calls with me where you can pick my brain.
- Get the Private Facebook Group: Exclusive parent Facebook group for support for this group.
Topics We Cover
Launch. We’ll launch live on zoom for parents and students. I will motivate students and set the stage for the semester with inspiration, motivation, how it works, and getting to know me and the group a bit. I will teach you the exact actions to take before we meet again. Later we’ll meet to see how it went and learn next actions. Do assessment after. You will understand how UGYG works, what all of the core systems are, you will have decluttered some key areas, and you will have a fantastic place to study and focus, and more. You will also know what actions to do to build your foundation of core systems before next session. We will have a nice break.
Parent Office Hours, Q&A. Ask me anything. I do some cool things with these office hours to make them powerful for everyone there. They are recorded, and the replays are broken into several separate recordings to make it easy to reference different topics.
Co-Working – Student Procrastination Buster: Open Co-Working with students (accountability, action & motivation). Get ahead of the curve.
SNO: Sunday Night Overhaul. Learn how to do the Sunday Night Overhaul on all of your core systems, and why it’s critical to have a routine like this, for your ongoing success.
Parent Bootcamp: How to get along and get stuff done: How to communicate collaboratively so your child hears you and you can help overcome resistance. Parent and Executive Function Expert Yulia Rafialova leads this for parents while I teach the kids, 90 min.
Accountability I teach students where they “should be” in terms of managing school and life, see where they actually are this semester, help them learn the importance of accountability for implementing core strategies.
Student Study Skills Bootcamp, Parent Study Skills Follow-up.
THE DIP Address the mid-semester dip. I tell you the exact actions to take, after the call you’ll take the actions,. Later we’ll meet again to learn next actions.
The Digital World & Your Mental Health, Cognitive Distortions & Biases.
Mindset: Resistance keeps us stuck! Learn how to work with your common resistance mindsets so you can move forward.
Hail Mary Bootcamp: Its “Hail Mary time” in the semester, when things get really tough. Learn HOW to actually “study” for finals, strategize for projects, plan realistically for writing papers, and deal with this upcoming and overwhelming month, as the semester ends. (Students & parents attend this bootcamp)
PEPR, Co-Working with students ALL DAY LONG. Students required to be there for the first 45 min for the bootcamp about PEPR, then we break, then they can have the option of joining us for co-working for the rest of the day. They can leave the session and come back at a different time. Since it’s finals time, we will do a lot of co-working to help with the final push.
BIG Co-Working – Student Procrastination Buster: Open Co-Working with students (accountability & motivation).
How to End the semester right
How to Prep for next semester
BIG Co-Working with students. Since it’s finals time, we will do a lot of co-working to help with the final push.
Will these be recorded? Replays are available to you any time in your special Momentum login area.
Where do we meet? On zoom. I send invites before all meetings.
Will calls be private? Yes, these are for the group only. You can hide your video and mute your audio if you prefer, but I like for people to be able to see each other. The only people that will ever hear you are the people in this private group. People feel remarkably safe and comfortable sharing openly and honestly in these groups.
How do we access the original UGYG self paced, independent course? After you enroll, you’ll have access right away.
What if we already purchased the Independent UGYG course? I’ll give you a refund to apply towards Momentum, or a coupon, depending of your preference.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 payments of $1400
- or 1 payment of $3900 (save $300)
- Save an additional $100 with the Enrollment Call (get on the waitlist in order to be alerted when I do these)
- or Save an additional $200 if you were in Momentum before (email me, email@example.com)
- If you recently bought UGYG Independent, we will apply your investment to this
How do we get started?
- Get on a free enrollment call with me to see if it’s a match, and tell me your needs for the program, Click to register >
- If it’s a match, we’ll get you enrollment link to the first 10 families.
- I email you about how to get started.
- We launch early January 2022. If you can’t make it or are late, that’s ok, it will be recorded, just do your best.
WAITLIST: To get on the waitlist for any future Momentum group, sign up below and we will email you any updates, enrollment details and discount opportunities.