“Seth, I’ve always said if I could just get inside my kid’s brain for one day… Your course let me “in.” I was in tears during several parts of your course. Thank you for all you do! You are truly appreciated. Parents need this as we navigate the journey of raising our most amazing 2e kiddos!” – Kaitlyn S.
Hello from Seth. Many of you have been asking me to create this course for years, and I finally finished it in the summer of 2019. Enjoy!
What is EF101? EF101 is a crash course all about how Executive Function challenges can impact students and how adults can help. It includes:
- Extensive video course with 45 key video lessons (see outline below). There are 3 core modules: One for all adults that teaches you about EF, one for parents and one for teachers. What’s unique about this course is that I designed it with the intention that all participants to go through all lessons. This way you will get a 360 view of EF. You’ll know what insights I have for teachers and what insights I have for parents. Having a more complete picture will empower all of you to better serve the kids you are trying to help.
- Downloadable support PDFs to help you along the way.
- Homeworks to help you get more out of the course.
- 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Who is it for? Compassionate, involved and proactive parents, educators and other professionals interested in EF. If you’re looking for a coaching course designed FOR students, not adults, see UGYG, Upgrade Your Grades.
What will I learn? See outline below or video above.
When can I take it? Take EF101 any time you want. You do not have to wait for the beginning of a semester. It is self-paced.
How long will it take me? If you like to binge-watch, you can go through it in a few days. If you take your time, it may take 2-3 weeks. You will need 5-10 hours to focus on the course, depending on how deep you go with the homeworks. I included a lesson that helps you pace yourself.
Can teachers get credits? No, but I can send you a certificate of completion if you need one.
Who is it NOT for? This is not for people who are looking to learn my in-depth coaching methodologies. This will not teach you all of the systems and strategies I use with clients – that is outside of the scope of this course. It’s also not for people who want a sterile, passionless, dry, quick fix, shallow course created by a boring person.
How long do I have access to EF101? As long as you want. I have no intention of ending access, and you can download all of the lessons and keep them indefinitely.
How do I get started? To buy, click a purchase link from this page and enter your credit card. It takes about a minute and you get access immediately. If you need another payment option, email me.
After you purchase, you will get an email that will give you access. Next, start with the first lesson. I lead you the entire way through.
Is it worth it? Yes. You’ll walk away from it feeling empowered and enlightened about Executive Function. There is nothing like it that I know of, and I designed it carefully so it makes a big difference for you. If it doesn’t work for you, see the guarantee.
What links will I want to bookmark?
Can I share it with people? Yes with a spouse or family member. No with friends or colleagues. This is my livelihood, my passion, and my life’s work. I’ve spent over 2 decades developing my methodologies, countless hours behind the scenes building this course, putting together the crazy number of moving pieces, spent money on software, hardware, websites and numerous trainings to improve my ability to help families. Thank you for honoring my work.
Is there a guarantee? Yes, if it’s not right for you for any reason, I’ll refund you 100% within 90 days.
What if I legitimately can’t afford it? I get it, email me and we’ll go from there.
EF101 Course Outline
MODULE 1: Start Here
41 min + time for homework
M1 Lesson 1: Start Here: How EF101 works.
- Video 1: How EF101 works: A tour and tips for getting the most out of EF101.
- Video 2: Background to help set the stage so you can get the most out of the course. This includes my philosophy and where I’m coming from ideologically.
- Video 3: What you’ll learn in EF101.
- Video 4: How to pace yourself through the course.
M1 Lesson 2: My Story
- Video 1: My Story – about my EF struggles, how I learned to work with them and how I started helping kids who struggle with EF.
MODULE 2: What is Executive Function?
1 hr 45 min + time for homework
M2 Lesson 1: What is Executive Function?
- Video 1: The Basics of EF, how to have a bird’s eye view
- Video 2: Why we don’t know about it?
- Video 3: Two types of adults
- Video 4: EF and the brain
- Video 5: My Iceberg Theory, how to be aware of the influences beneath the surface
- Video 6: Does a diagnosis matter? how to know when it does and doesn’t
M2 Lesson 2: Students and EF Problems
- Video 1: What is the purpose of education? The Latin root “Educare”
- Video 2: Resistance and The Nervous System, Why students resist doing things that need to get done?
- Video 3: Can’t vs. Won’t. Why are so many adults confused?
M2 Lesson 4: Shame Game & Motivation Lie
- Video 1: The Shame Game
- Video 2: Aspect 1- Emotional Regulation & Dysregulation, how emotions impact EF
- Video 3: Aspect 2- Working Memory, Forgetfulness, Missing Details
- Video 4: Aspect 3- Inhibition & Impulsivity
- Video 5: Aspect 4- Self Reflection, how metacognition helps
- Video 6: Aspect 5- Processing Speed
- Video 7: Aspect 6- Focus, Concentration, Attention vs. Distractibility
- Video 8: Aspect 7- Organization
- Video 9: Aspect 8- Time Management, Prioritization
- Video 10: Aspect 9- Planning
- Video 11: Aspect 10- Motivation
M2 Lesson 5: Blueprint For How To Help
- Video 1: Blueprint for how to help students who struggle with Executive Funciton
MODULE 3: Parents
23 min+ time for homework
M3 Lesson 1: What Parents Need To Know
- Video 1: Keep Your Eye On The Prize, how to focus on the “right” prize
- Video 2: How Much Do We Put On Kids’ Plates, how to know when it’s too much
- Video 3: What Parents Say? how parents get stuck in the same old patterns that don’t work
- Video 4: Advocacy, how to advocate for your child most effectively
- Video 5: My Kid Never Listens To Me! how to know you’re not alone and how to improve the situation
- Video 6: Meds, Medication, how to consider if medications are right in your situation
- Video 7: What is Modeling, and why is it so important?
MODULE 4: Teachers
17 min + time for homework
M4 Lesson 1: What Teachers Need To Know
- Video 1: Keep Your Eye On The Prize, how teachers can focus on the more important things
- Video 2: Mistakes Teachers Make
- Video 3: How to Help Kids Get Work In
- Video 4: How to Differentiate Creatively
MODULE 5: EF Toolkit
30 min + time for homework
M5 Lesson 1: Tools for All Adults
- Video 1: Tools for ALL Adults
- Video 2: Your Own Deep Inner Work
- Video 3: 3:1 rule, how to “motivate” students
- Video 4: Wait Time, how to listen more effectively
- Video 5: Holding Space, how to create secure relating
- Video 6: Mirroring, how to attune
- Video 7: SNO Concept, how to keep the momentum going
M5 Lesson 2: The Most Important Thing
- Video 1: The Most Important Thing. Ever. How to keep your focus on the most important thing you can do for any child you’re trying to help.