Joanna Lilley (from Lilley Consulting) interviews me about executive function and college. Success is Subjective is dedicated to all things related to emerging adulthood stories and therapeutic resources for young adults. Click here to listen. In this episode, topics discussed include:
- Did you know that some students are enrolled in college automatically on academic probation? That’s a real thing.
- Failing out of college happens, and moving back home with your parents after is common.
- Attempting college at another school with the same approach is a recipe for disaster.
- Self-talk was saying “I’m a failure;” but learning to differentiate the shame.
- When someone is at rock bottom, the way to pick yourself up may be in learning how to try. Meaning, you have got to learn to ask for help! Ask anyone and everyone for help, because you don’t who will give you great advice!
- How mindful moments can bring us closer to what truly brings us happiness!
- Learning that you have a diagnosis later in life is not uncommon!
- Message to students: You can do ANYTHING! Do not give up!
🎦 YouTube: Visit my official YouTube channel here. Subscribe, like & comment to support my work.
👉 Share: To support me, please *CLICK* at the bottom to share on FB or Pinterest.
✏️ EF101: Here’s my jumpstart course for parents and teachers.
💚 Give: Love my work and want to donate?
🙏 Thanks! — Seth
Podcast Transcript: Coming soon!