2022 Annual Review
Hi parents, teachers, therapists! I guess this is an annual review of sorts, for those who want to know what I’ve been up to. Below, I put together a bulleted list of all the things you may be interested in knowing about, as well as some other thoughts I want to share. I have never done this before, and I hope ya like it! Also, comment below if you have more questions and I WILL edit this page to answer them!
- I always try to be “succinct” in updates, but today I’m going to be more detailed than usual for y’all.
- Thanks for reading this, it means the world to me because this is my life’s work, and you are literally who I serve! I am so grateful to live a life where I have the opportunity to serve in this capacity, and so deeply grateful to you for allowing me to serve, because I love what I do and feel like the luckiest person alive to get to do this work.
- Why I haven’t been posting as many videos lately? I have been extremely busy behind the scenes, working 6-7 days a week for the past year, I wake up and get to a massive list of projects and tasks. I go until my brain stops, then go outdoors, work out, see humans or something to balance myself! But I love what I’m creating, and wouldn’t change it. Here are some of the irons in the fire:
- Coaching: I’m still working with families/students I coach.
- Email: This is my least favorite coal, not because I don’t like to hear from you, but because I can’t keep up with it. Ugh. If you want to contact me, here’s my actual contact page, which makes it easier. My actual “suggestion box” is here (if you have ideas for the new site, summit, youtube, whatever)
- Programs: I still run online programs. I’m improving how I do these for y’all, more details to come late summer.
- Events: I do a lot of workshops and presentations for schools, parent groups, organizations. Some are free and open to the public, they are listed here >
- YouTube: Most of you are subscribed here to my site, but I have a great youtube channel, and would you mind subscribing please? It’s free, they don’t email you or anything unless you set up alerts, but when you click subscribe, commenting sometimes, click like on my videos, it DEFINITELY helps my channel grow, and I work hard to get my message out there (run-on sentence, I know). Check it out here >
- VLOG/PODCAST/ARTICLES: I made a bunch of new vlog videos and have been trying to get them edited professionally, so I have a bunch in the queue but are not ready to publish yet. Bear with me as I get back to regular videos asap.
- TEFOS Summit: Ok, I am really excited to share with you some of this year’s changes!!! I’ve been doing a lot behind the scenes for the upcoming summit this August, getting new experts, and working on tons of moving pieces for that. I’m changing the format so expert sessions are shorter and more focused on concrete strategies you can implement, have an incredible new workbook to guide you through the event so you can experience it more like an in-person conference focused on intensive learning experiences, so you walk away feeling like you are on a whole next level as far as understanding how to support your kiddo!.
- NEW SITE! Finally! On top of all that, every day for the past 6 months or so, I have been rebuilding my site from the ground up! I have wanted to redesign my site for years, literally, but I’m not a designer. I’m fortunate to have the best assistant on Earth, Dani, and she’s been helping me redesign everything since at least October 2021. My current site, if you look at this page, the homepage, etc, has never been how I wanted it: I’m too verbose, it’s not easy enough to navigate, etc.. We have taken countless suggestions from YOU about how to make it better, and I’m announcing it now, because FINALLY there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I’m hesitant to say this, but I will: we should be live by the end of May! I have new free resources for you that are EASY to find, made it easier to search blog content for tips, will be turning vlogs into articles AND podcast soon so you can choose more of what you want, (I already do transcripts), the layout is SOOO much easier for you to find what you need, I’m redoing my courses, and much more! This has been a massive process, but I am finally proud of it and feel like it will serve you much better.
- My blog has grown since I started in 2012, to over 75,ooo followers in over 40 countries! Thanks for sharing my work in this small niche!
In gratitude and service,