What do I get when I subscribe?
Every Sunday morning, I email you and 65,000+ subscribers my free update, including:
A new free vlog
Sometiems other new content, like if I was on a podcast or created something else
Events, and /podcasts/other content I have created for you and
any other updates parents and teachers may be interested in.
Why are Seth’s emails short and succinct?
I surveyed you, my audience, and people wanted me to get right to the point and leave links for more details. Therefore, I make my Sunday update as succinct as possible.
Why does Seth blog?
I blog because I do believe in the power of education when it’s done well, and I want adults to have better answers so their kids can have better lives. I write every word and record every video on my own, and no ghostwriters ever. My blog is a labor of love and is 100% free. If you might want to donate, click here.
What is Seth’s thinking behind making a weekly vlog?
I look at it as part of how I give back to the world and the people who helped me overcome my challenges. I like to live life in service because I believe that service, kindness, generosity makes the world a bit of a better place. So this is my way of serving: Each week I try to create at least one piece of content that will hopefully help people who are looking for better answers about how to help struggling students. As I outline my videos each week, I try to get to the point fast, then give a bit of background to a common problem and offer actionable insights you can realistically apply to help your child.
Does Seth sell my information?
Can I donate?
What exactly happens when I subscribe?
- When you type your email into a subscription field on sethperler.com and click the button, your info goes to an email newsletter service that I pay for. It lets me send my updates to you all.
- Next, you get a confirmation email. This is called a “double opt-in” which makes it so you have to confirm that you want my updates. It also prevents robots and spammers from signing up for my blog.
- If you signed up for a freebie, you then start getting my “autoresponder”. In other words, it will “automatically respond” by sending you the freebie series I made for you to help people get an understanding of my approach to helping kids. Parents find them very helpful. One parent wrote me, “Seth, the backpack overhaul was a complete success. He said “Mom, I thought this was going to be a huge waste of time and I can’t thank you enough. It feels so good.” I asked if he’d watch your videos on the other tools and he didn’t even hesitate to say yes. I’ve already shared your site with some of his teachers because no doubt they know other students who can benefit from your tools. Thank you! Now I’m off to overhaul my purse :-)”
- Whenever I make a new video, write a blog, have an event or otherwise want to reach out to my audience, I use the email program, click send, and it goes to everyone.
- I consistently send one update a week on Sundays at 3pm. I ALWAYS send you real solutions that help you help your child. No games, no holding back, and no catch.
- I sometimes send relevant updates on other days if something special is happening.
That’s it. Whatever you do, I hope you’ll take action and try to apply some of what I teach to help your child,
“I had my 12-year-old son attend your seminar last Monday as my birthday gift. We both really enjoyed your ideas and he liked your graphics. We took you up on the folder ideas and that has been a great change. Thanks for the info and for being a voice to say that we all there in different ways and with different perspectives. Keep it up!” Amy, a mom from Seattle