What do I get when I subscribe?
On most Sundays, I email you and 80,000+ subscribers my free update, including:
- A new free vlog about supporting neurodiverse kids with Executive Function challenges
- Sometimes other new content, like if I was on a podcast, or created a new resource for you
- Events and Announcements for Parents and Teachers
Why are Seth’s emails short and succinct?
I surveyed you (my audience), and people most wanted quick email updates, with links for more details.
Why does Seth blog?
I blog because I believe in the power of education when it’s done well, and I want adults to have better tools so their kids can have better lives. I write every word and record every video on my own, and no ghostwriters ever. I pay for all of the hardware and software to make content. My blog is a labor of love and is 100% free. If you ever want to donate to help offset costs, click here.
What is Seth’s thinking behind making a weekly vlog?
This is part of how I give back to the world and the people who helped me overcome my challenges. I like to live life in service because service, kindness, and generosity make the world a better place. So this one of the ways I serve: Each week I try to create at least one piece of content that will hopefully help people who are looking for how to help struggling students. As I outline my videos each week, I try to get to the point fast, then give a bit of background to a problem, then offer actionable insights you can realistically apply to help your child.
Does Seth sell my information?
Can I donate?
What exactly happens when I subscribe?
- I ALWAYS send you real solutions that help you help your child. No games, no holding back, and no catch.
- When you type your email into a subscription field on sethperler.com, and click the button, your info goes to an email newsletter service that I pay for, called ConvertKit. It lets me send my updates to you all.
- Next, you get a confirmation email. This is called a “double opt-in” which prevents robots and spammers from signing up for my blog.
- Next, if you signed up for a freebie, you then start getting my “autoresponder”. In other words, it will “automatically respond” by sending you the freebie series I made for you. One parent wrote, “Seth, the backpack overhaul was a complete success. He said “Mom, I thought this was going to be a huge waste of time and I can’t thank you enough. It feels so good.” I asked if he’d watch your videos on the other tools and he didn’t even hesitate to say yes. I’ve already shared your site with some of his teachers because no doubt they know other students who can benefit from your tools. Thank you! Now I’m off to overhaul my purse :-)”
- Whenever I make a new video, write a blog, have an event or otherwise want to reach out to my audience, I use the email program, click send, and it goes to everyone.
- I send one update a week on Sundays.
- I sometimes send relevant updates on other days if something special is happening.
That’s it! Whatever you do, I hope you’ll take action and try to apply some of what I teach to help your child,
“I had my 12-year-old son attend your seminar last Monday as my birthday gift. We both really enjoyed your ideas and he liked your graphics. We took you up on the folder ideas and that has been a great change. Thanks for the info and for being a voice to say that we all there in different ways and with different perspectives. Keep it up!” Amy, a mom from Seattle